Thursday, April 30, 2009

Unfaithful Blogger

I just looked at my archives and realized that I have not been particularly faithful to blogging for the last few months. It can get tricky sometimes keeping track of all the options for communication. Some of the options are so similar, I sometimes blur the lines a bit.

Let's see....there's Twitter, there's Facebook, there's my blog, there's e-mail updates, there's Skype...the list seems endless. Each serves its purpose, but at times I think there might be just too many options. Each comes with its own set of expectations, and something has to give. Hmm...did I mention face-to-face communication, telephones, letters...etc...? I think that is probably what suffers. As we develop the habits of virtual communication, we need to make sure we retain the connections that I like to call "analog" (as opposed to digital).

Do you ever struggle to keep up with your communication? What do you do to keep the tensions in check?

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Didn't realize I was cool now! :) Not with a minivan and all.

And btw I've learned never, ever to feel guilty about _not_ blogging. It's such a diversionary whim, and like probably only 3 people (including ourselves) even read our blogs!

Hope you guys are doing OK.

fletchboy said...

You were always cool, man! :-) Before, during and AFTER the minivan...after all, a Goldwing comes after the minivan, right?

I found the solution to the minivan problem. I have a minivan and a pickup! It all balances out. If you can have a bike...well...that tips the scales in your direction! :-)

Agreed on the blogging. I thought maybe I would have my own little tribe, but alas, it is you me and the doorpost.

We are well. Would love to come down and see you guys some time. Life is too busy! Will check in with you if we have reason to pass through the 'burg.